Design InternAre you an energetic design student, who is motivated to assist our team with the development of an app for kids? Then we are looking for you! The starting date will be in July 2018. August 2018 is also possible. If you look further into the future, it is also possible to start in September 2018.
Who are we
The Kidiyo team is developing an app with the aim to create a safe online environment for children from 0-6. We’re currently in our test phase and aim to go live at the end of June 2018.
Development of the app will remain an on-going process, with a continuous stream of new games and other features. Within the app, kids can play with different existing characters, known from books and television. The characters differ substantially in styles. You will therefore have to be able to design in line with different style guides. We’re a mini team with maxi ambitions. Everyone is treated as a full fledge team member. We provide you with great opportunities but expect a lot too because we believe this leads to the best results. Our last design intern ended up working for us and the games developed by her have been implemented in the app!
What we offer
- The chance to develop yourself in a start-up environment with high quality guidance.
- The freedom to implement your own input.
- The opportunity to be a full member of a young and motivated team in an informal setting (Ping-Pong table included;)).
- The possibility to discuss a specific assignment you have in mind as part of the internship. The possibility to get a contract after your studies.
What we are looking for
A motivated intern who is able to take part in the design of the application, meaning both the implementation of existing formats and development of (your) new ideas. The Kidiyo app is built within HTLM5, so knowledge thereof would be a good addition.
- Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator skills.
- A portfolio.
- Being able to work with several style guides. To give you an impression: currently the app contains the following characters: Chloe, from “Chloe’s closet”: http://chloestoverkast.nl and Prinses Arabella (examples at www.toverkast.nl).
- Availability for a period of 3-6 months
- Ability to switch between different (design) tasks.
- Flexibility in working hours.
Do you think you have the right skills and are you interested in the position and our team? Please
send your motivation, CV, and portfolio to Babet Reinders:
or call +316 34 08 2131 for more info.